As a photographer, time and again, you may have faced issues regarding the sky in the picture looking different from what your naked eye sees. Numerous professionals suggest that the same may be corrected by mere adjustment of exposure and saturation level but contrarily, that blurs the foreground of your picture.
An easy solution:
This problem can be solved by employment of certain photo enhancement tips and use of Lightroom. Whether the change that you want to make is minor or major, these image enhancement techniques always come in handy.
- Firstly, deepen the colors: There are no set values that you must stick to; it is inherently picture specific. Additionally, you can also adjust the hue, the amount of saturation, or the luminance of these colors etc. However, this should not be overdone.
- Secondly, regulate the highlighted portions: This is a key step in the procedure and is second in the process because otherwise, controlling down the highlights would result in reducing all colors at once, thereby in actuality, not affecting the picture at all.
- Thirdly, you may also increase the effect of white in the picture to create a contrast of colors in the sky.
- On the other hand, if you are of the view that the clouds are detailed enough, you are not obligated to muddle with the settings.
- Last but not the least, add some blue to your sky. This is a secondary step that is to be taken only if the first two have not worked well on the image, the chances are however, quite rare. Prior to application of this and putting the brush on the sky, ensure that the “Auto Mask” option is ticked and is functioning so as to limit your working only to the sky.
These are certain operative tips that assure optimal employment of image enhancement techniques by professional service providers. Keep reading to know more.