The e-learning industry is now entering the next level of education with the help of technological innovations. The curriculum is getting more interactive which can be easily accessed on the go. It is HTML5 that has been accompanying the change and making it seamless to learn. Today e-learning is largely occupied with mobile learning. With the increasing demand for mobile users, every learning aspect is made gadget-friendly today.
A major reason for the huge shift from Flash courses to HTML5 is mainly because of the increasing usage of mobile devices day by day where the latter is more dominant. Some of the most important aspects are
- Leaning on Mobile
- Provision of Offline Data Storage
- Better Content Organization
- Browser Compatibilities
- Entertainment-friendly nature
A report from Google says that there are more mobile based learners than desktop ones.
Now, what does this mean for the e-learning industry?
This huge surge in mobile based learning has nullified the e-learning courses that were primarily built on the Flash because of its non-compatibility on mobile devices. Learners would always prefer the flexibility to learn anytime, anywhere, and on any device, no matter what!
That’s where HTML5 has a huge role to play!
HTML5 for designing e-learning courses
This challenging situation has brought in the significant role for the HTML5 conversion from Flash courses which make it easy to learn on any device – be it desktop, laptops, or any mobile device. Not just this, it is compatible with many browsers too.
Moreover, HTML5 offers you the provision of offline storage which offers the learners to download the courses and access them anytime even in the absence of an internet connection.
Some important Ways for Flash to HTML5 Conversion
With expertise in converting the courses designed in Flash to HTML5, we have been serving the need for learning industries to serve the customers seamlessly.
Here are some of the few key tips that we would like to share with you for Flash to HTML 5 conversion services.
What should you watch out for?
- Gadget-friendly Support: No matter what device your learners prefer, make your course available to them.
- Compatible Learning Management System (LMS): LMS needs to be mobile-friendly. If you do not have a responsive LMS, you have to incur extra costs to convert and get it mobile-compatible.
- Security: Even though organizations offer very good flexibility to the learners by allowing them to learn on any device, security issues must also be considered.
How should you initiate the Migration?
- Identify the need: First thing to do is to ask yourself if you have the complete clarity of the migration requirement. Also, check if you need a minor update or a complete redesign.
- Take a list of what you want to achieve: Along with delivering accessible courses to the learners, you also need to consider the overall user experience, performance regain, customer retention, etc.
- Get familiar with the Pros and Cons of the Conversion: To effectively carry out the Flash to HTML5 migration, you need to clearly understand the Pros and cons of both versions which will help you to recreate exceptional learning experiences for your learners.
It’s time for an effective Action Plan
- Define the approach for migration: Choose between Adaptive or Responsive plans. Adaptive refers to the learning approach adapted to desktops, laptops, and even tablets. With Responsive designs, you can comply with smartphones too.
- Prepare a checklist of Requisites: The checklist may include:
- You need to ensure that your LMS is compatible with HTML5
- Create a master plan of courses and initiate Flash to HTML migration based on the priority
- Validate once again to ensure that all the assets are ready.
- Run tests: Before going live, please run pilot tests to ensure that you get the desired results. To get the best out of it, take the feedback from the learners and improvise accordingly.
Yes, you did it!
Now, how do you use Migration to boost the learning experience?
Let’s understand one thing – Flash to HTML 5 conversion is not just about a technology upgrade, it’s far beyond that! It is an awesome way to stay ahead with the learning trends and serve the industry like no one.
Here are 7 key tips for you to make efficient use of Conversion
- Tip 1: Evaluate the learning effectiveness and enhance it accordingly
- Tip 2: Decide on reliable learning strategies
- Tip 3: Select learning approaches that go well with the mobile learning
- Tip 4: Use rich media formats
- Tip 5: Get used to personalized learning techniques
- Tip 6: Design efficient learning approaches
- Tip 7: Prepare and manage the learning assets for references
Businesses need to get hold of the transition from Flash to HTML5 to ensure an exceptional learning experience for the customers. It might be a daunting task – but would be hassle-free if you outsource the Flash to HTML 5 conversion to the best digital conversion agency which you can trust. Now, it is high time you must think of this transition journey, keeping in mind the crucial aspects that redefine the e-learning industry. What we have covered in this blog are, ways to help you make the job effortless.