Furniture adds to the value of a property if it is sold along with the home. It even boosts the aesthetic feel of a property if it’s designed in accordance with home interiors. The right type and style of furniture can cast a positive impact on the minds of the target audience.
If images of beautifully staged properties are listed online, realtors are most likely to get better responses. No wonder why realtors and furniture retailers are opting for furniture photo editing services
This is where furniture photo editing is crucial to do the woodwork some justice. The supplement it provides along with real estate photo editing is that the furniture will not look like stray items. Furniture photo editing will help these inclusions blend in with the beautifully enhanced interiors and lighting and will be sure to grab any viewers attention for a second look.
Importance of Furniture Photo Editing
Images of empty properties fail to draw attention. This further makes it incapable of promoting sales. With photo editing, images of furniture can be beautified and can be converted into effective sales tools.
The growth of property portals has further encouraged realtors to opt for photo editing so as to be able to impress their target audience and to generate leads.
Photo Editing Tips
Furniture photo editing is an art that demands a high level sense of aesthetics and proficiency of using various advanced tools to create awe-inspiring outcomes. The effectiveness of furniture photo editing starts right from the photoshoot stage and continues through the post processing stage.
Here are a few furniture photo editing tips that you might consider trying out: .
Tips that you should follow before and during shoot.
- Set the indoor space and place furniture items to show their best sides. You can consult an interior designer who would advise you on the best positions and angles for photography.
- If you want to showcase an item as a stand-alone piece, you should use a white cloth as the backdrop; this would make editing easier in the post processing stage. Black canvases and simplistic images offer better opportunities for photo editing and stand-alone pieces can be creatively placed to fill up vacant spaces.
- Applying cleaning touches on the furniture to give them a polished look. You can do this in several ways and appoint a specialized service to clean your furniture depending upon furniture texture. This step would minimize blemishes and would therefore make photo editing easier at a later stage.
- Maintain stability and minimalism. Furniture photo editing tips will work well only if the photos are of good quality. You may use a tripod to ensure that blurs are nominal and that image sharpening will become much easier thereafter. Minimalistic approaches have found a widespread use mainly because of their general appeal. A style overdo may actually shadow the real beauty of an item or extra pillows may hide the grandeur of an upholstery.
The Editing Phase
When you want to work on furniture along with the indoor space, it is a good idea to balance the exposure and the lighting from a holistic point of view.
This tip will guarantee that the brightness is uniformly distributed across the photo. For localized modifications, you can use dodge and burn tools to refine the brightness in furniture items particularly if there are dark and shadow areas.
- If you need to edit a stand-alone furniture item, you may make it more prominent by applying 3D retouching effects. This indicates that you need to add shadows at the edges in order to instill a feeling of light reflection. This creates a realistic effect after virtual staging is performed.
- Address blemishes that may be caused due to fingerprints. Quality check is an integral part of the post processing stage. Retouching ensures that the end-product becomes free from unwanted marks.
- You can use presets during the retouching process. By using presets, you can instill one-click modifications in an image. Adobe Photoshop comes equipped with several presets and you should select the ones that resemble the refinements that you are making.
- Background removal is a key element of photo retouching. You need to remove image background properly in order to make sure that the subject remains properly highlighted.
We have to admit the fact that furniture images that look great are a combination of photography and photo editing skills. This combination is essential for professional success. These tips will help you make the most out of professional furniture photography and deliver the best outcomes to your clients.
An image as a whole will look appealing when individual furniture images are refined and blended well with the surrounding environment. These were just a few of the several photo editing tips that we discussed in this article; a lot of other possibilities remain to be explored. Use of advanced software, tools, and filters may create amazing results.