Adobe Lightroom CC
Best known for: Color correction and batch editing
It works best as a graphic editor and can enable users to carry out batch photo editing and color correction with just a single click. If you’re looking for a simple alternative to Photoshop, then this is the one. It is user-friendly and easy to learn.
- Automatic source-file saving
- Multiple presets
- Professional color correction ability
- Enables working simultaneously with several albums and pictures
- Not best for professional image retouching
- Inconvenient catalog system
Adobe Photoshop CC
Best known for: Standard photo editing
Adobe Photoshop is the best software for photographers and designers. It contains all the necessary tools to carry out varied image editing tasks, such as photo retouching, image restoration, color correction, digital drawing, designing, etc.
- Multiple file format support
- Multiple filters, brushes, actions, textures, overlays, etc.
- Forums and active technical support
- A large number of photo fixing tools
- Complex user interface
- Tools don’t have a progress indicator
Skylum Luminar 4
Best known for: User-friendliness and in-depth color correction ability
This feature-rich image editing software for PC contains a lot of tools that can help you with advanced image post-processing. The developers also recently released the updated version that consists of excellent tools for color correction.
- User-friendly interface
- RAW file editing
- Enables editing in layers
- Can be used as a plugin for Photoshop and Lightroom
- Requires time to master Healing and Cloning tools
Best known for: Free photo editing
It is a powerful photo editing software that can be downloaded free of cost. One of the best advantages of using this software is that it supports working with RAW image files. It is an open-source photo editor for PC, thereby enabling you to change the program according to your use.
- User-friendly interface
- Works with multiple file types
- Variety of features and tools
- Supports changing functionality
- The new version may have bugs
Capture One Pro
Best known for: All-in-one image editing features
It’s a great alternative to Lightroom and has features similar to that of Photoshop. It is primarily used for professional photo retouching and color correction. Some of the tools that it contains can even offer better results than Photoshop.
- Well-developed masks and layers
- A large set of tools and functions
- Availability of cloud storage
- Quick importing and exporting of files
- Can be a bit expensive
- Needs good PC configuration
- Has a difficult interface
Best known for: Different options to work with colors
This easy-to-learn and powerful image editor can be used by both beginners and professionals. It consists of three versions, i.e., Standard, Delux, and Pro, which users can select and employ depending on the complexity of their work.
- Enables creating excellent landscapes within seconds
- Availability of watermarks and captions
- One-click effect addition
- Portrait retouching with a top-graded toolset
Best known for: High-quality color correction and photo organizing
It boasts numerous features that can help you handle top-grade projects, like real estate image editing or product photo editing. Aside from organization and advanced photo editing capabilities, it can also allow you to add special effects to your pictures.
- Professional clone stamp
- Background cut out in different clicks
- Semi-automatic color correction
- Convenient perspective correction
- Doesn’t support batch photo editing
Best known for: Faster beauty editing
This classic picture editor will enable you to perform the image editing tasks without much effort. With the advanced automatic adjustments and one-click effects, the software can make your pictures more eye-catching and appealing.
- Digital makeup options
- Wrinkle and skin issue elimination
- Experimentation with hair and eye color
- Easy sculpting and manipulation of facial features
ON1 Photo RAW
Best known for: Fast picture editing
It is equipped with powerful image editing tools that can allow you to eliminate flaws, correct improper color, and retouch photos. The interface may look a bit confusing at first. However, with a bit of effort, it will be easier to understand.
- Affordable price
- Requires only a one-time payment
- Has the simplicity of Lightroom
- Offers a variety of parameters like Capture One
- Employs a new approach for photo preview
- Offers monthly trial version without any subscription or long login
- Only a few original presets
- Exporting in background mode is slower
Pixlr Photo Editor
Best known for: eCommerce photo editing
This software is almost the same as that of Photoshop. It can offer excellent support for image enhancement and comes in three different versions, such as Pro, Editor, and Express. It is also an excellent choice for beginners.
- Easy-to-customize interface
- Easily portable
- Layer and mask support
- Can open photos from URLs or desktop
Best known for: making green cards and collages
It is an excellent photo editor that can also help with graphic designing tasks. It comes with hundreds of readymade layouts and drag and drop features. However, as compared to the automatic photo editors, it may not be considered strong since it contains minimum functions.
- Works well with designing
- Stock photos
- Design templates and tools
- Only works with JPEG file formats
- Not suitable for photographers
Photo Pos Pro
Best known for: Easier background removal
The free photo editing software can cover the needs of both experienced image editors and novices. It provides an amazing user experience with two interface options, where one can be used by beginners and another can be used by professionals.
- Best for both beginners and professionals
- Works with RAW images
- Availability of tutorials and guides
- Layer support
- UI design options
- Huge gallery of collage templates and frames
Best known for: beginner-friendly photo retouching tools
It is one of the popular photo editing software on the web and is available for free. The interface design of the free photo editor is bit outdated and simple. However, it possesses a wide range of tools and functions for image editing.
- All tools are free to use
- Various color correction tools
- Clone tool
- Dodge and burn tool
- Takes more time
- Too many lags
Online Photoshop Editor
Best known for: having professional tools in the browser
The editor contains numerous features which you may find in any other online image editor. Mastering this editor will be easy if you are already familiar with GIMP or Photoshop. It’s because they have identical controls, toolbars, and keyboard shortcuts.
- Multiple file format support
- Layer support
- Advanced editing tools from Photoshop
- No advertisements
Best known for: Simplicity and reliability
This free raster graphics editor will not only help with basic photo editing and color correction but also with the creation of logos and banners. Apart from that, it also contains many tools that can be used for digital painting.
- Convenient and easy-to-use
- Clean and organized user interface
- Various functions and effects
- “How-to” tutorials and online
- Doesn’t have burn and dodge tools
- Allows limited brushwork
Best known for: batch editing directly in the browser
With this tool, you can carry out general actions, such as exposure adjustment, cropping, color enhancement, etc. along with basic image editing. It contains a lot of functions. However, most of them can be available only for money.
- Many useful image editing tools
- Downloading stock photos in the program
- Saving work and continuing later
- Most tools are paid
- Lots of advertisements
- 90% of designs and effects are closed for free use
Best known for: Enabling selective color correction
This software is quite popular among beginner photographers. It contains a multitude of features and supports a wide range of file formats. Apart from that, the software also offers effects, which can help you add a special charm to your photographs.
- Fast color correction
- AI tools
- Recovery elements
- No support for RAW files
- Premium features
Leawo Photo Enhancer
Best known for: Batch photo processing
This advanced photo editor contains AI-driven tools that can help you to carry out various photo enhancement tasks. With its aid, you can improve underexposed or overexposed pictures, fix improper lighting, remove blur, add tints, etc.
- Streamlined interface
- Requires less hardware
- Simple photo enhancement tools
- Value for money
- Upgrades are paid
- Doesn’t offer granular control
Best known for: being the perfect photo editing software for Mac
It is another raster graphics editor that boasts a large number of photo editing and color correction tools. The photography software consists of nearly 60 configurable filters, effects, brushes, and more. Besides, it is also equipped with a real-time display function.
- Simple interface
- Multiple basic image editing tools
- Limited options for photo retouching
- Some poorly developed tools
Movavi Photo Editor
Best known for: Beginner use
With this graphics editor, you can ace advanced video editing techniques without learning complex programs. It offers a variety of useful features, such as contrast, brightness, and sharpness settings, object removal tools, addition and customization of text, etc.
- Simple UI
- A large number of filters
- Doesn’t demand resources
- Popular graphic format support
- Not compatible with mobile devices
- Allows to use free version only for a limited time